Monday, August 09, 2010

More from Springville Art Museum Show

One of the reasons I wanted to go to the museum on Friday was to see a trunk show.  The museum scheduled six quilters to come and talk about their work for half an hour each, and one of them was my friend Sandra from Moab.  She didn't talk about her work, but brought many of her collection of antique quilts.  I didn't realize how extensive her collection has gotten until she started talking about it!  Sandra is one of two certified quilt appraisers in Utah, so she knows her stuff.

Sandra is also an attorney, so speaking to an audience is familiar turf for her.  She looked and sounded very comfortable, and kept our interest the entire time.  Too bad this picture from the beginning of her lecture was more focused on the ladies in front of me!


I also took a couple of pictures of quilts that caught my eye- I thought this tone on tone was lovely in a low key kind of way-


And how could I resist red and green, especially when the green is limey?  


You can see more of Sandra's own work on her blog.  She's also got a blog about her antique quilts and appraisal business- the link to that is on this blog also.

Now I'm off to read my copy of the latest Quilting Arts magazine.  Later!

3 comments:

Libby Fife said...

I bet that was a good lecture and show. I do like looking at antique quilts. Always makes me feel a little connected somehow.

Rian said...

That red & limey one is a real stunner!

Sandra said...

Wow, thanks so much for the positive review. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing and hearing about my antique quilts as I enjoyed sharing them.
I've just posted another red and green stunning applique on my appraiser blog.
http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com
Thanks again.
Sandra Starley