Friday, August 13, 2010

Reap the Wind

That's the title I chose for this quilt- it just seemed to fit.  It's from the Old Testament, the book of Hosea: "They sow the wind, and they reap the whirlwind."  

I'm not going to post the front of the quilt here until after the jurying process in Grand Junction a week from tomorrow.  I've got to find a box wide enough for it- I don't want to roll it up tightly, or fold it.  

I will show the back, however.  


Less than stellar hand dyes are perfect for backs and sleeves.  I pieced the back with several value gradations I did on Kona cloth several years ago.  The sleeve is a piece that was just ok.  I even used a hand dye for the label, although I really can't remember when or how I did it.


You can see the trapunto better on the back than the front. I don't know if I'd do trapunto with paint again, I can see the possibility of issues if this quilt is rolled or folded for any length of time.  I'm glad I learned how to do it, though.

I think I can leave the label out for the jurying process- I'll just pin some fabric over my name and address (which I've blurred for the blog post!).


All in all, I'm very pleased with this quilt.  I've got some more hand dyes I want to try doing a whole cloth with, sometime in the future.

2 comments:

Rian said...

Can't wait to see the front.

Judy said...

Love the quilting on this piece Bev!
Like Rian, I can't wait to see the front!

xo