Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Rusting the Silk

The raw silk I discharged in the thiox bath last weekend has been stewing with vinegar and rusty stuff since Sunday.  Tonight I decided it had sat long enough with the rust, but it needed something else.  I made a half-strength batch of tannin, and poured it over, mushing the fabric to get it distributed.  I'll let it sit until tomorrow- then rinse and wash.  Can't wait to see how this turns out.

I got the bottom half of the wind turbines quilt done last night.  I also did some auditioning of quilting designs for the top, which will be different.  I think I know what I want, I just hope I can pull it off.  It will mean the bottom will be much more densely quilted than the top, so I hope I don't have hanging problems because of it.

Half the work week done, half to finish.  You know it has not been a good week when you are ready for it to be done at 10 am on Monday.

No comments: