Monday, November 01, 2010

November Challenge Photo

We got our photo for November, a cottage door in England--

I really like the soothing palette in this one- the greens, touch of red, and the soft grays.  I think I will have fun with this one.  I've already done some playing in PSE, and have some options that I think are doable.

That's what it always comes down to for me- can I pull it off in the short time frame?  I'm just counting down the years until I'm no longer working full time and can really dedicate more hours to my art.  One day. . . 

The other thing I'm working through- do I try to do something more realistic, or abstract the photo?  Right now, I'm leaning towards more realistic, maybe because this photo has some commonalities to a couple of other realistic quilts I've done.  I'll think on that a few more days, though.

I can't believe it is November.  I think we are just going to go out for Thanksgiving- I just don't feel like cooking the huge meal for a small group, which is what we will be.  And since DH and I never agree on when the turkey is done, we will also avoid the annual turkey war.  I'll just make a couple of low cal desserts to have when we return home, and be done with it.  Works for me!!

3 comments:

Kay said...

I'm working on the same decision--realistic or abstract. Just don't know. Time is short!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

What a beautiful scene! Can't wait to see what you do with it! And I know what you mean about having more time for your art... I have been totally immersed for the past 2 years since I finally, really, retired... making up for lots of years of wanting to do more. Hope you get your wish soon!

Karoda said...

Works for me too...if I cook a big meal for TG it is going to be something very untraditional.