Sunday, March 06, 2011

Taking a Break and Taking Stock

I'm sitting in a friend's living room in one of my favorite places in the world, Moab.  I drove down yesterday so I could spend some time with her.  I'll be working here tomorrow, then heading home.  It's been a relaxing weekend so far.  Spring hasn't quite arrived here, but the red rocks are as beautiful as ever.

After several weeks of feeling frustrated and uninspired, I'm taking a break from ART.  I want to kick back, do some mindless piecing, which will include hopefully getting a couple of UFO's finished.  Friday was a good start- my WAQ group met at Suzanne's, and helped her piece a quilt top for her mother who was recently diagnosed with cancer.  Four of us sewed for about three hours, and we got the top almost completely done.  It felt good!!

Besides the UFO's, I'm going to sew some clothing- something I haven't done for a long time.  Very little of my wardrobe fits me anymore, so I have a good excuse.  

So that's what's going on with me.  We going to wander Moab's downtown later today, then have dinner at the Moab Brewery.  It's feeling like the kind of weekend I need- relaxing, no stress or expectations of tasks needing to be completed, and enjoying a friend's company.  If my hands feel the need to be busy, I brought my knitting- maybe that one sock will finally get done!!

No comments: