Monday, May 21, 2012

More Moab (and a bit of a teaser!)

One of the side trips we took in Moab was to the Hole in the Rock.  It's a home that a couple literally carved out of a huge rock.  No photos allowed inside, but it was fascinating.  This is the official website for the place, and at least shows a photo of what it looks like from the outside.

What fascinated me was the unique sculptures they had on the grounds.  Most were life size or larger, made of bits of rusty metal.  Like this bull--

Neat, no?

I loved this golfer, who was taller than I am.

And if you can't tell what he's made from, here's a closeup of his hand--

Apropos, no??

This jeep looks like you could drive it away- until you give it a close look.


Those tires would provide a rather rough ride, I think!!


And lest you think that I've been doing nothing in the studio, here's a teaser of my Tangled Textiles piece, which I should have done by the end of the week.  I've got to have it posted before I leave for Reno Saturday!

This one took a different direction from what I'd originally planned, but I'm pleased with the results so far.  Reveal is this weekend!

No comments: